Association for Progress, Education and Lobbying – PEL
Association for Progress, Education and Lobbying – PEL is non-profit, non-governmental organization with an aim to improve the situation of young people and women in all areas of social life. This is achieved by promotion of human rights and volunteerism and their values and by making these things possible to all citizens.
PEL was established in February 2000 by young people.
Members of PEL belong to different ethnic, religious or gender groups that live in North Macedonia on age from 16 to 30 years old.
Main fields on which we work on: promotion of human rights, prevention of domestic violence, gender issues, community awareness, civil society, culture, animation, volunteerism…
PEL has been working with EVS (European Volontery Service) since 2004 and has hosted and sent many volunteers. We can currently act as sending, host and coordinating organization (2013-SI-102).
– Organizing workshops, trainings, seminars, round tables, platforms about the values that we promote;
– Promotion of our aims and activities through media and public gathering;
– Organizing campaigns (local and national),
– Coordinating exchange of volunteers on local level;
– Providing free legal advices
– Cooperation with other local and international organizations that promote our values.